Mark Brown AEA Ltd provides expert witness services
based at P O Box 10330, Nottingham NG14 7XB.
- This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process about you as a data controller, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. We are registered with the Information Commissioner.
- Our ICO registration number is Z356052X.
- Please contact Mark Brown at email@example.com with any questions or requests about the personal information we process.
- We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what we do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal information we process about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data we process, and to add to the information we hold about you if it is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
The personal data we process, why we process it, where it comes from and the legal basis for doing so.
Legal & Other Consultancy Work
- We process the personal data of individuals who are obtaining legal advice, are engaged or potentially could become engaged in a legal dispute, those involved in an insurance or other kind of claim against them or against other/s and also the personal data of witnesses and others with links to the issues in the case.
- The personal data may include:
- Email Address/es
- Telephone Number/s
- Vehicle Details – Make & Model
- Vehicle Registration Number
- VAT Status
- Insurance Claim Number (specific to our instructions)
- Instructions from our customers – Post/Email/Online Web Contact Form
- The personal data are generally provided by the person instructing us in relation to the legal or potentially legal issues, who is usually a solicitor, Insurer or other professional organisation but can be the data subject himself or herself.
- We process the data because it is in our legitimate interests as an expert witness to do so. We need to see and analyse documents containing this information in order to provide our expert advice.
- Such is our specialisation and nature of business it is not anticipated we will process Special Category Data.
- In relation to any special category personal data, such as health records or information concerning, race, ethnic origin, or sex is, we would only ever rely on the legal claims basis for processing this data, in addition to our legitimate interest.
- In cases where an individual has consented to the transfer of their personal data to us he or she may easily withdraw it by notifying Mark Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Personal Data
- We also process personal data pursuant to our legitimate interests in running our business such as:
- Invoices and receipts;
- Accounts, VAT and tax returns;
- Insurance policies and related documents;
- Repair estimates.
- As an employer, we process personal data further to contracts of employment with our employees. The information includes:
- Names, addresses and contact details;
- Pay and bank details, pay slips;
- Curricula vitae, contracts of employment, references and appraisals;
- Health information ( in reliance on the occupational health exemption contained in the Data Protection Act 2018)
- Finally, we run a client relationship management system. Any personal data on the system is held in accordance with the consent of the data subject which can be withdrawn at any time by contacting Mark Brown.
- Personal data in legal cases is retained, where necessary, for six years in compliance with our professional indemnity obligations. Where this is not necessary, it is destroyed on the conclusion of the case.
- Administrative data is retained for up to six years as necessary, in the unlikely event there are queries from HMRC and the VAT commissioner. Where it is not necessary to retain the data for six years, it is destroyed as soon as possible.
- Personal data relating to employees who have left our employment is also retained for up to six years as necessary. This is the time limit for bringing a breach of contract claim. In some case we may destroy it as soon as the employee leaves.
Whom do we share personal data with?
- We share personal data internally strictly on a need to know basis.
- Special category data and personnel files held electronically are password protected with restricted access. Hard copy special category and other personal data is not kept.
- We do not share personal data with anyone external to the organisation, other than with:
- Those who have instructed us as an expert witness
- HMRC and the VAT Commissioner as they require
- With others pursuant to a court order
Information Commissioner’ s Office
- If you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, please contact Mark Brown above. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’ s Office on 0303 123 1113.